I hope this message finds you well and that you and everyone within your family are healthy. We miss everyone and wish we could have the kids back in our building tomorrow. Unfortunately, the current situation in our state prevents this from occurring now.
As Dr. Suppo shared yesterday, we are moving forward with planned digital lessons to begin on April 14th. During these upcoming weeks, we are encouraging parents to support and encourage your child(ren) to complete tasks assigned by the teacher. This may be a challenging task for you, but it is important for continuing your child’s education.
Here are things to remember:
- You are not expected to be a teacher. All activities in Google Classroom are designed so the child can do them independently. Help as needed with logging into the device and uploading completed lessons.
- Your child should not be working longer than 120 minutes per day. We encourage you to have them work in short periods of time. This time will include activities that can be completed on a device and offline.
- iReady expectations of 10-15 minutes per day – each subject (Math & Reading)
- Special expectations of 15-20 minutes per day – choose one Special per day.
- Teachers will be posting office hours in their Google Classroom for when they are available online to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- 4th Marking Period Grading will be for 2-4 Focus Areas in Reading and Math. Grading will be based on student engagement in the Focus Areas (Highly Engaged, Moderately Engaged, or Disengaged). We will share the Focus Areas next week in an email and on the Google Classrooms.
- If you have questions or concerns:
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we move forward with this new adventure.
Sue Martin, Nancy Grayson Principal