School Families Will:
- Make reading a daily activity at home and ask questions about what your child is reading.
- Go through the backpack nightly, empty and review papers.
- Complete homework assignments with your child.
- Limit TV and electronics usage to encourage multiple activities.
- Ask teachers questions as needed about your child’s progress.
School Staff Will:
- Conduct daily reading instruction (small group and whole group).
- Read aloud daily to students.
- Provide homework that supports topics learned in school as appropriate by grade level.
- Send home learning materials when appropriate and needed for reading and math.
- Keep families informed of children’s reading and math progress and ways to support learning at home.