Welcome to the Home School Education section of Shippensburg Area School District. Please contact Mrs. Jodi Varner, at 717-530-2700 ext. 1004, for enrollment or questions.
Home School Supervisors must be the parent or legal guardian of the home school student and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Registration for the upcoming school year – August 1st
Must have completed goals & objectives and notarized affidavits.
- Evaluator’s Letter – June 30th ~ Letter from the evaluator stating the student completed all the educational requirements for that school year.
If you are new to home schooling or relocated to the district, you may register your child(ren) after the August 1st deadline.
Overview of Homeschooling
- Franklin County United Home School Association – Contact Mary Ellen Moore @ 717-267-3768 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mason Dixon Homeschooler’s – 717-749-5767 or email@example.com
Regular meetings and activities, lending library books. Special selected Co-op school days with a variety of subjects being taught such as science, art, music, gym, etc.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education – Programs -> Programs H-N -> Home Education and Private Tutoring.
- Pennsylvania Home Educators Association