Please register as soon as possible, after January 1, of the calendar year your child will start. The sooner you enroll, the sooner the district will know class sizes. This allows us more time to work extra teachers into the budget if needed to help keep class sizes down. If you register in August, the budget is already set, making it difficult to add a teacher.
Enrolling a student is a multi-step process.
- Go to the online enrollment form. – click here
- Click on Register new account – this creates an account for the person completing the form, not a student enrollment. Please write down your password.
- Click on start New Application – this creates the students registration form.
- The application is not final until you click on submit.
- Schedule an appointment for a Kindergarten registration event. – click here
Each spring, SASD holds several days of Kindergarten registration events. At these events, parents bring in required paperwork and the future students go through a screening process to help us group students in the most effective ways to help ensure the success of every student. The dates for the registration events will be April 1, 2, and 3. They will occur at the Shippensburg Public Library at 73 W King St.
- If you have any questions, please contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 530-2700 ext. 1012.