Strength and Agility with Coach Nik and Trainer K for all athletes will be Monday, Wednesday and Fridays from 10 to 11 and 11 to 12. Email email@example.com with question.
MS Cross Country – contact Coach Tracey – firstname.lastname@example.org
HS Cross Country – contact Coach Marshall – email@example.com
Volleyball – contact Coach Klenzing at firstname.lastname@example.org for a schedule.
MS & HS Field Hockey open field. W/F 9 to 10 a.m. at the High School.
2021-2022 S.A.S.D. ATHLETIC GUIDELINES
Any student (grades 7 – 12) who plans on participating in a school sport in the 2021-2022 school year must have an athletic physical on or after June 1, 2021. Any physical dated prior to June 1 will not be valid. We will hold school sponsored Athletic Physicals on June 11, 2021, at the High School. The cost will be $10. Any student who participates in school sports is eligible to make an appointment. You also have the option of going to your own physician.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Parent/Guardian and student need to complete forms on the new on-line registration software – FamilyID. If participating in a Fall sport, this registration must be completed no later than August 2, 2021. Click here for new FamilyID software link.
- Prior to your physical appointment, print out Section 6 and 7 and take it with you. Once completed, upload the physical to your Family ID account. Section 6 and 7
- Take the on-line Impact Concussion Test at home if needed. Concussion testing is required once every two years, typically in Grades 7, 9 and 11. If you are not sure of your status, please check with the Athletic Office. Failure to take your concussion test could affect being able to tryout or start the sport on time. Click here for Concussion testing information.
High School Football will start mandatory practices on August 9th at 8:00 a.m.
All other High School sports will start on August 16th.
HS Boys Soccer – 7:00 – 9:30 a.m. (everyone attends), 2:00 – 3:15 p.m. (9th, 10th and new) AND 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. (everyone attends)
HS Girls Soccer – TBA
HS Field Hockey – 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
HS XC – 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
HS Volleyball – 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
HS Golf – TBA
Middle School Football – TBA
MS XC – TBA
MS Field Hockey – TBA
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented athletics across the world with a myriad of challenges. The Shippensburg Area School District will take the necessary precautions and recommendations from the federal, state and local governments, CDC, PA Department of Health, as well as the National Federation of State High School Association (NFHS) and PIAA. On June 24, 2020, the Shippensburg Area School Board of Directors approved the SASD Athletic Department Resocialization of Sports Recommendations. Click on the following link to review the plan:
Shippensburg Area School District is committed to following the Governor’s guidelines for attendance. Due to those restrictions, we will adhere to the following items below concerning spectator attendance. We ask that Shippensburg spectators respect the attendance policies at each of the schools we are competing against. Live streaming links will be advertised on this website, Twitter@SASDAthletics and Mid Penn Broadcasting for home events. Away game streaming information will be advertised when available.
Guidelines below for each Spring sport:
We are allowing home and visiting spectators for all outdoor sports. Spectators are required to wear a mask if they are unable to maintain social distance from people that are not members of their household.
For indoor sports, all athletes, coaches, officials and spectators must wear masks at all times. We are allowing two spectators per athlete (home and away).
- HS Boys Baseball
- HS Girls Softball
- HS Boys/Girls Track and Field
- MS Boys and Girls Soccer
- MS Volleyball
Our district will continue to review the compliance of our facilities and any new guidelines set forth by the Governor’s office, the Department of Health, the PIAA, and the Mid Penn Conference.
In addition to the spectators limit, please abide by the following guidelines:
1. All spectators must wear a mask at all times when inside the facility. If there is a medical reason that you will not be wearing a mask, documentation must be provided before entering.
2. If there are multiple games at the facility (example: JV followed by Varsity), and your student-athlete plays first, we ask that you leave prior to the start of the next competition. If you are the parent of a student-athlete participating in the second contest, please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to start time.
School Hours: (717) 530-2730 ext 1063
After Hours: (717) 530-2730 ext 1061
|High School Assistant
|Secretary to the
Middle School Assistant