Our mission is to prepare all students to be productive citizens who:
- Possess knowledge
- Accept responsibility
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Succeed within a dynamic global society
The Ad Hoc Committee of the SASD School Board will be meeting on Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. in the Media Center at the Senior High School. The Ad Hoc Committee of the Board has been formed to consider the utilization of district property for a stadium funded by a possible capital campaign lead by the SASD Foundation.
Shippensburg Summer Lunch Program Click Here for more information.
Youth Impact Project wants each child to start school with the tools needed for confidence and success.
Families in financial-need who are preparing students for school are invited to attend July 30th. Each school age child receives new sneakers, a new back pack with school supplies, a book, and a haircut. Each family gets a portrait, groceries, lunch, and access to community, health, and safety resources. Click here: YIP Flier 2016
GBLUES TIMELINE CLARIFICATION
SASD recently shared publicly a letter received from PDE which included “Factual Background” on the process leading up to approval of the Corrective Action Plan. In the letter PDE states that “Shortly after becoming aware of the preference in 2015, you (district) actively solicited PDE’s intervention in this matter.” It is correct that the district invited PDE into the process, however, the request for PDE’s presence occurred AFTER PDE informed the district that there was an issue with the enrollment process at GBLUES.
On March 24, 2015, Dr. Volkman contacted Mrs. Bender. During the call, Dr. Volkman indicated that there was a concern regarding the enrollment process at GBLUES brought to PDE by the Press Office at the Capital. Dr. Volkman stated that his office reviewed the questions brought by the Press Office and that PDE agreed that the enrollment procedures at GBLUES were illegal. Mrs. Bender told Dr. Volkman that she would share the information with the school board and solicitor.
After being informed about the call from PDE, SASD School Board and Solicitor agreed that the Dr. Volkman and his team should be invited to Shippensburg to share their concerns in person with the board and the university. It was at this point that the district “invited” PDE into the process. The SASD School Board believed at that time, and continues to believe, that it was important that all parties involved were receiving the same information first hand from Dr. Volkman.
The district requested that the information in the letter be clarified. Although PDE recognized the district’s request, they were unable to change the content of the letter, because it has already been submitted as part of the ongoing litigation process initiated by the university.
Updating Student Contact and Medical Information
- To update/verify the information about your child, all parents/guardians must verify and submit an online form. Even if there are no changes, so that we know you have reviewed the data we have for your child.
To access the emergency form, go to the Home Access Center at www.shipk12.org/hac
- Sign in. (If you forgot your password, contact the office staff in the building your child attends.)
- Click on Registration
- Click on Update Registration
- In the middle there is a link just labeled New, click on New.
- Verify the information in the four sections. You may need to click on the plus symbol beside different sections to open them.
- Once everything is verified or corrected, click on I agree and then click on submit.
- If there are errors in the fields that you cannot correct, contact the office staff in the building that your child attends. If you do not have access to complete the online form, a paper form may be requested from your student’s building for you to complete and return. If any of the information on this form changes during the school year, follow these procedures to make the changes as needed. The district thanks you for your cooperation in making the district more efficient and providing us with accurate and timely data.
Several years ago, the SASD Education Foundation created the Shippensburg Area High School Legacy Entrance with engraved pavers signifying the community’s commitment to education. There is still an opportunity for you to purchase a personalized engraved brick paver that will become part of this permanent entrance at the high school. Please consider making yourself, your graduating senior, a team, your family, and/or a business part of this legacy.
4” x 8” red brick paver with 3 lines of engraving – $100
12” x 12” red brick paver with 3 lines of engraving – $500
24” x 24” red brick paver with 6 lines of engraving and custom logo – $1,500
Your purchase is tax-deductible. Thank you for your consideration of this exciting project! For more information Click Here
- Homeless Information: If you and your family are struggling with issues related to homelessness (Staying in a shelter, waiting for foster care placement, sharing the housing of others or living in a hotel or motel due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason, living in a car, park, campground, abandoned building, or other inadequate accommodation, or living alone as a minor student without an adult.), please contact the guidance counselor at your child’s school for help and resources. You may also contact Mrs. Teri Mowery at Shippensburg Area Intermediate School at 530-3189.