Our mission is to prepare all students to be productive citizens who:
- Possess knowledge
- Accept responsibility
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Succeed within a dynamic global society
2015 Summer Lunch Program June 29 – August 7. Click for more information.
For additional summer meal site information, click here.
To preregister your child for Kindergarten click here
Check out the latest of the Maroon and Grey Today.
Matt Strine’s presentation at the board meeting on February 23, 2015:
On Monday February 9, 2015, the SASD School Board was presented information regarding the options available to lower class size at James Burd Elementary. This is just the beginning of an ongoing discussion with the community. The PowerPoint used during the meeting is attached. However, PowerPoints can be confusing without the verbal explanations provided at the meeting. Additional presentations will be scheduled for parents at both James Burd and Nancy Grayson Elementary Schools, hopefully through the PTO. Please look for those dates as an opportunity to gain insight into the information provided in the attached PowerPoint, as well as, additional information that is currently being gathered. To see the PowerPoint: Click Here, Class Size Presentation.
How are we doing? We are looking for feedback on your experiences with our district.
- Homeless Information: If you and your family are struggling with issues related to homelessness (Staying in a shelter, waiting for foster care placement, sharing the housing of others or living in a hotel or motel due to the loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason, living in a car, park, campground, abandoned building, or other inadequate accommodation, or living alone as a minor student without an adult.), please contact the guidance counselor at your child’s school for help and resources. You may also contact Mrs. Teri Mowery at Shippensburg Area Intermediate School at 530-3189.
- The district has upgraded to an online emergency contact update form. All parents/guardians must verify and submit this form, even if there are no changes, so that we know you have reviewed the data we have on record.
To access the emergency form, go to the Home Access Center at http://shphomeaccess.spihost.com/
- Sign in. (If you forgot your password, contact the office staff in the building your child attends.)
- Click on Registration
- Click on update Registration
- In the middle there is a link just labeled New, click on New.
- Click on the plus symbol beside address and phone, contact information, and grade based information to see the questions in those sections.
- Once everything is verified or corrected, click on I agree and then submit.If there are errors in the fields that you cannot correct, contact the office staff in the building that your child attends.If you do not have access to complete the online form, a paper form may be requested from your student’s building for you to complete and return.If any of the information on this form changes during the school year, follow these procedures to make the changes as they happen.The district thanks you for your cooperation in making the district more efficent and providing us with accurate and timely data.
- Information for Parents or Guardians about the Keystone Exams Click Here
- Title IX Interscholastic Athletic Disclosure Information
- PA School Performance Profile Information