Greyhound Athletic Department
Booster Clubs & Teams
*Facebook pages may be blocked on SASD computers
2023-2024 Sports Physicals
- June 8th--8am-10am High School--Please see information in section below.
Varsity Football Reserved Seats Ticket Sales
- Tickets go on sale August 1st during business hours in the Athletic Office & sales will close the night of Community Night.
Fall Sports Paperwork
- Due to the Athletic Office by August 1st
First Day Fall Sports
- Varsity Football & Golf--August 7th
- All other HS Sports & JH Football--August 14th
- MS Cross Country & MS Field Hockey--August 21st
Greyhound Community Night
- August 18th--5pm-7pm--High School (Outside at Track)
First Day Winter Sports
- HS Sports--November 17th
- MS Sports--November 20th
First Day Spring Sports
- HS Sports--March 4th
- MS Sports--March 6th
2023-2024 Athletic Physical & Paperwork Information
Any student (grades 7 – 12) who plans on participating in a school sport in the 2023-2024 school year must have an athletic physical on or after June 1, 2023. Any physical dated prior to June 1, 2023 will not be valid. Completed athletic physical packets should be turned in to the Athletic Office at the High School.
- Physical packets for the 2023-2024 school year will be handed out during fall sports sign ups in May and are also available on the left hand side of the page under Quick Links.
- Sports physicals for the 2023-2024 school year will take place on Thursday June 8th from 8am-10am at the High School. Students must sign up for a time slot for sports physicals at the following link: CLICK HERE to sign up for a time slot.
- Sports physicals are $10.00. Payment and a completed physical packet (except for section 6) must be brought to the day of sports physicals. If payment or information is missing from the physical packet a student could be denied a sports physical.
- Take the on-line Impact Concussion Test at home if needed. Concussion testing is required once every two years, typically in Grades 7, 9 and 11. If you are not sure of your status, please check with the Athletic Office. Failure to take your concussion test could affect being able to tryout or start the sport on time. CLICK HERE to complete the Impact Test. The testing directions are available on the left hand side of the page under Quick Links.
Student Spectator Information
This winter we will be implementing new student spectator guidelines for students middle school age and younger. These spectator guidelines reflect those already in place for varsity football games.
Students middle school age and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult in order to be admitted to any indoor athletic contests at the Middle School and/or High School. Students who are not accompanied by a paying adult who are middle school age or younger will not be permitted in to the contest.
7:30am - 3:30pm
Ms. Sarah Fanus, ext. 1063
Mrs. Melissa Jones, ext. 1063
Mrs. Kayla Lehman, ext. 6091
Senior High School
201 Eberly Dr.
Shippensburg, PA 17257
101 Park Place
Shippensburg, PA 17257
Veterans Memorial Park
100 Park Place
Shippensburg, PA 17257
Senior Citizen Athletic Pass
SENIOR CITIZENS (AGE 60 AND OLDER) WHO LIVE IN SHIPPENSBURG ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A FREE ATHLETIC PASS!!
In order to receive your free pass please stop by the Administration Office on Wednesday’s from 12pm-3pm and Friday’s from 9am-12pm. You must take your drivers license or some form of ID to verify that you live in Shippensburg.
Athletic passes can be used for any home regular season Middle School or High School contest.
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented athletics across the world with a myriad of challenges. The Shippensburg Area School District will take the necessary precautions and recommendations from the federal, state and local governments, CDC, PA Department of Health, as well as the National Federation of State High School Association (NFHS) and PIAA.
We ask that Shippensburg spectators respect the attendance policies at each of the schools we are competing against.
We are allowing home and visiting spectators for all sports.
Masking is optional at home high school and middle school events.
Our district will continue to review the compliance of our facilities and any new guidelines set forth by the Governor’s office, the Department of Health, the PIAA, and the Mid Penn Conference.
TITLE IX REPORTING
Under Act 82 of 2012, school entities are also required to provide public access to the information as well as provide notice to students, staff and parents. Act 82 requires school entities to make the completed athletic disclosure form available.
- SASHS Financial - Interscholastic Athletic Disclosure Form
- SASHS Team - Interscholastic Disclosure Form
- SAMS Financial - Interscholastic Athletic Disclosure Form
- SAMS Team - Interscholastic Disclosure Form